[OS X TeX] path names with umlauts

RA Friedrich Vosberg fv at rafv.de
Wed Mar 21 09:30:05 CET 2012

Am 20.03.2012 um 12:40 schrieb Peter Weidenmueller:

> additional special chars should be avoided, too (space, komma)
> it is better to use '_'.
> ascii-char is THE standard, at information-technology.

Okay. But IMHO comma, period, slash and backslash belong to the standard ASCII code, but your wrote, one should avoid to use them. And what about space? I am not sure, if it is an ASCII item or not.

Could we say, only latin characters, arabic numbers, underscore and hyphen should be used in path and file names? Or would at least additionally comma be possible?

Kind regards, Friedrich