[OS X TeX] path names with umlauts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Mar 20 21:46:03 CET 2012

Am 20.3.2012 um 19:58 schrieb Axel Kielhorn:

> Did I mention that I use XeLaTeX and UTF-8 encoding?

That's explaining why it works for you! The pdfTeX engine first would transform 'Müller' into an internal representation, presumingly 'M"uller'.

It would be nice if \includegraphics and \includepdf would learn to transform such names into an encoding as used by the file system. An option like [utf8] could perform that. This ability could also enhance pdfTeX to open temporary, index, or BIB files with umlauts.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

From error to error, one discovers the entire truth.