[OS X TeX] available fonts & how to invoke?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:30:36 CET 2012

Can somebody give me a pointer to a _contemporary_, more-or-less
comprehensive listing of what text + math font sets are available and
what the corresponding command is to invoke each set (for the entire
document).

As to invoking the fonts, I mean things like:

\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

What I find on-line is horribly fragmented, often focuses upon the fonts
themselves or how to install them, is somewhat out-of-date, and omits
the user-oriented simple question as to how to invoke the fonts.

A more specific question: does the invocation shown above for lmodern
automatically use the (still beta, I believe) Latin Modern _Math_ fonts?
If not, what additional command is needed?

Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
80 Fearing Street                    phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912