[OS X TeX] Error: I can't write on file '(name)'

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 10 19:14:09 CET 2012

On Mar 10, 2012, at 10:55 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2012, at 5:48 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> I'm really interested in the problem and would like to isolate the circumstances under which it occurs. I just don't believe it's a random event.
>

> Here is the sequence which seems to produce a visible pdf:
>
> Trash all auxiliary files including pdf
> Open the contents file
> Typeset from the contents file.
>
> Here is the sequence which seems to produce an INvisible pdf:
>
> Trash all auxiliary files including pdf
> Open the controls file
> Typeset from the controls file.
>

> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

Weird that typesetting the root file shows the problem but not typesetting from the included file.

With a file that gives the problem could you try to replace the \jobname in the `root =' line to the control file name and see if that fixes things? I don't really think it will but let's check that.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)