[OS X TeX] simpdftex can't find font, but pdflatex can

Nathan Sanders professor.sanders at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 01:54:58 CET 2012

Thanks for the reply, Herbert!

On Mar 1, 2012, at 5:52 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> It appears that you've installed the TengwarQuenya ttf version of the font but not the pbv version (if that even exists). As far as I know latex->dvips->ps2pdf (i.e., simpdftex) can't use ttf fonts while pdflatex can use them.

The pfb files exist (in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/type1/local/).  So what do I need to do to make them visible to simpdftex?

More generally, how can I make sure that the appropriate font files are visible when I'm using simpdftex and when I'm using pdflatex?

Nathan

--
Nathan Sanders
Department of Linguistics