[OS X TeX] simpdftex can't find font, but pdflatex can

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Mar 2 00:06:41 CET 2012

Am 1.3.2012 um 23:29 schrieb Nathan Sanders:

> % tail -1 `kpsewhich updmap.cfg`
> Map TengwarQuenya.map

This no proof. It just shows that a particular MAP file fragment has been added. Give as a proof that any of your TTF file is listed in psfonts.map, the MAP file dvips reads!

> I've spent hours and hours moving files around, updmaping, texhashing, web-searching, and cursing, and the problem remains: simpdftex apparently can't find the font, but pdflatex can.

Then you must have used a patched version of dvips! Dvips is an old programme and never delopped an understanding of the TrueType font format. It uses PostScript and bitmapped font formats (PK format).

Why are using the intermediate DVI output format?

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Debugging? Klingons do not debug! Our software does not coddle the weak."