[OS X TeX] Fonts in Mountain Lion

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jul 27 00:54:24 CEST 2012

Am 27.07.2012 um 00:33 schrieb Michael Welsh:

> yomcat:web2c yomcat$ locate rcomic8r
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/tfm/microsoft/comicsans/rcomic8r.tfm

Michael,

as I already mentioned: this file plays no role. At least yet. It was already found.

Other fonts where also found: /usr/local/texlive/2012/../texmf-local/fonts/truetype/microsoft/comicsans/comic.ttf for example. Why is a PostScript Type 1 font file also needed? Can you locate this one? I presume: no! Because your locate command looks for file names containing the string "rcomic8r". So locate should list rcomic8r.tfm, rcomic8r.pfb, maybe more. Your error can also be that the PostScript Type 1 font file is rcomic8a.pfb… The "raw" PostScript Type 1 fonts are usually in the Adobe standard encoding, 8a.

--
Greetings

  Pete

November, n.:
	The eleventh twelfth of a weariness.
		– Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"