[OS X TeX] les bins MacteX ne sont pas dans le PATH ?

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Wed Jul 4 22:15:03 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 09:35:01PM +0200, Yvon Thoraval wrote:
>    In fact, it seems my /etc/zshenv was incomplete because it is this file
>    setting ZDOT.

It is ZDOTDIR, not ZDOT.  I don't see why /etc/zshenv should set it.

>    Then I've updated it.

Why? /etc/zshenv should be pretty minimal, since it's executed by every
instance of zsh. Moreover it belongs to the system and it is bound to
be overwritten by system updates. In fact the stock one just runs
/usr/libexec/path_helper to set the path.  I think it would be
advisable to leave it as it is.

>    What does this "export" do exactly ?

It propagates the variables to the environment. If you just say

	PATH=/usr/texbin:$PATH

it only sets PATH to the value you want within the script's context.

--Ettore

--
Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University