[OS X TeX] Malayalam and other Indian languages on Mac

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Mon Jul 2 01:02:19 CEST 2012

I downloaded the malayam-latex package as a zip file from: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/malayalam

The direct link to the zip file is: http://mirror.ctan.org/language/malayalam.zip

I then removed the .o files from the subdirectory named src, and used "make" to generate the mm preprocessor.

What I don't understand, since I don't use the package, is why the executable that is provided is named "mlym" whereas the executable output from the "make" process is named "mm".

I am assuming that they are the same thing, but I am not sure.

When I search through the /usr/local/texlive tree on my Mac, I see several support files for malayalam, and I am again assuming that these correspond to the malayalam package on CTAN, and I assume that this is also what you are seeing on Sarovar.

I could be wrong about any of these assumptions.