[OS X TeX] Re: Font Installation MacTeX-2012

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 8 17:46:35 CEST 2012

On Aug 8, 2012, at 10:15 AM, ThomasSchl wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I guess I assumed you were using .. just to shorten your lines but not literally. Where exactly was the folder that contained all the files? Did you really use .. ?
>
> I did NOT use .. literally. I'm not a newbie. ;-)
>
> I'm pretty sure the files are where they should be. To be sure:
>
> gentium.map is in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map
> *.tfm are in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/tfm/public/gentium
> *.pfb are in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/type1/public/gentium
> *.vf are in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/vf/public/gentium
> updmap.cfg is in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c
>
> All those files were also 'recognized' by mktexlsr and are listed in the file 'ls-R' in is /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
>

>> Hmmm... no attachments at this end.
>

> Ok. I uploaded the ZIP file containing all relevant data to:
> http://thomas-schloemer.org/dl/gentium.zip
>

> Regards
> Thomas S.

Howdy,

Hmmm... as far as I can tell things are set up correctly. Where did you put the updmap.cfg file? Could you attach it?

There is another gentium.map file that is part of TL2012 (Gentium in TTF is distributed with TL2012 and the two map files are very different and used by ConTeXt) so you might have to first disable the gentium.map file and then enable it again:

sudo -H updmap-sys --disable gentium.map
sudo -H updmap-sys

to remove the already enabled map.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)