[OS X TeX] pdfopen in MacTeX useful?

Robert R. Bruner robert.bruner at wayne.edu
Fri Aug 3 22:24:05 CEST 2012

Already in OSX 10.5.8 (which I am still running), Preview (4.2) updates its
display when the underlying pdf changes, the next time it becomes the
active window.  If you simply scroll the window, though, without
clicking in it, it will continue to display the old pdf.

Occasionally, it seems to need extra prompts (activate a different
window, then return to the Preview window) to realize it should
update the pdf.

I just did an amusing experiment:  I had two Preview windows open and
updated both pdfs.  I could scroll in each without seeing the new pdf,
but as soon as I made one of them the active window, they both updated.

Bob