[OS X TeX] Getting fonts working.

Michael Welsh yomcat at yomcat.geek.nz
Fri Jul 15 01:20:32 CEST 2011

I'm trying to install Comic Sans, using the package comicsans. I've put all the files into textmf-local, in the correct places. texdoc comicsans works fine.

However, LaTeX can't seem to find the ttf files (copied straight from whenever Apple puts them and chmodded to 777 to remove any potential permissions errors).

The error I get is
pdfTeX error: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file comic.ttf): cannot open TrueType font file for reading
and the complete log file is at http://yomcat.geek.nz/LaTeX/comics.log

I've run updmap-sys --force --enable Map comicsans.map a few times, and still nothing.

oh, I'm running the TL-2011 pretest.

Any ideas?
Michael Welsh