[OS X TeX] Beamer in MacTeX 2009 vs. 2010

Joshua Smith smithjh at lafayette.edu
Thu Sep 16 01:23:48 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I recently updated MacTeX 2009 to MacTeX 2010, and then updated all
packages using TeX Live Utility.  This resulted in beamer being
updated from 3.07 to 3.10.  With this update, I now have a problem I
do not know how to resolve.  The PDF produced by the following sample
code:

\documentclass{beamer}
\usetheme{default}
\begin{document}
Sample
\end{document}

has different behavior for the small PDF clickable controls (whatever
they are called) on the bottom of the PDF slide.  For MacTeX 2009
(with beamer 3.07), these appear without any boxes around them (see
attached PDF).  But for MacTeX 2010 (with beamer 3.10), these appear
with red and gray boxes around them (see attached PDF).

Is this due to a change in beamer?  Or is it due to a change in
hyperref, which was also updated with the change from MacTeX 2009 to
MacTeX 2010.  Either way, how do I get rid of the boxes?

Thanks,
Josh