[OS X TeX] biber and bibtex8 engines

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Sep 13 13:10:17 CEST 2010

On 13.09.2010, at 12:57, Alex Hamann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just updated to new MacTeX2010. All great but one thing bothers me on my system. I can't get biblatex 0.9d to work with new biber 0.5.5 and not even with bibtex8.
> Since it is only a problem if I use my TeXShop engines (Terminal works) it must be a mistake in my engine syntax.
> This is what I've got (and what used to work until a few weeks ago):
>
> for biber:
> 	#!/bin/bash
>
> 	export PATH="$PATH:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin"
> 	biber "$(basename -s .tex $1)"

I can't tell you why your solution doesn't work (a description of the actual error would be helpful), but this is my biber engine which still works with the latest versions of biblatex and biber:

#!/bin/tcsh

set path= ($path /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin /opt/local/bin/)
biber "${1:r}"

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„In a world getting more and more democratic, film directing is the last resort for dictators.“ Francis Ford Coppola