[OS X TeX] Trouble with undefined references using Chapter bibliographies

Anand Ramaswamy xanandra at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 09:17:03 CEST 2010

Thanks. Actually I want to have individual chapter bibliographies -a
unique one for each chapter and not one big bibliography in the root
file. I use bibdesk to create the .bib files and I include them in the
individual chapter files. In the root file I use the package
{chapterbib} along with including the chapter files using \include.
Like I mentioned in my previous post I Run LATEX (to generate the
chapter .aux files); run BibTEX on each included file; run LATEX; run
LATEX again.  However, when I do this I get a warning of undefined
references when i run latex on the root file and although the
bibliography shows up in the document the references show up as [?].

Thanks for your help.