[OS X TeX] package cmex (?) on Texlive-2009

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Mar 21 10:48:15 CET 2010

Am 21.03.2010 um 00:51 schrieb Cecile Hebert:

> !pdfTeX error: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file fmex8.pfb): cannot open
> Type 1 font f
> ile for reading
> ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

The fmex fonts were part of TeX Live 2007 and 2008 (and maybe gwTeX as
well). They are *not* in TeX Live 2009. To activate these fonts in TeX
Live 2007 and 2008 you would have had to activate the ttcmex.map MAP
file fragment.

Look into the corresponding LOG file from the TeX run! You'll see the
complete paths of the files used by TeX and can judge from these which
TeX distribution actually was used (the TeX distributions preferences
pane could also tell, but are we sure it works OK?). Even more: you'll
find the complete path name of the pdftex.map MAP file. Knowing this
we'd be able to determine why fmex instead of cmex is mapped and cure
this.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, but set a man on
fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.