[OS X TeX] TeXShop v2.33: crashes using TeX and dvi

Glenn Fulford g.fulford at qut.edu.au
Sun Mar 21 02:10:19 CET 2010

When I try to run TeXShop with %% !TEX TS-program = latex (or from the Typeset menu using TeX and dvi)
it crashes. I tried this on another mac, also running MACOSX6.2 and TeXShop v2.33
and it works fine on that computer.

I upgraded to v2.33 a little while ago, but this is the first time I have had to run the Tex and dvi engine.

I am using MACOSX 6.2 (Snow Leopard).

I get this error, if that helps.

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000016dffff0
Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

I have tried to create the dvi->ps->pdf using the command line
(using simplatex, dvips and pstopdf) and that worked ok.

Can anyone help me with this? Should I just reinstall everything?

nb. It occurs with a fairly basic latex file.

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
\begin{document}

Hello.
\end{document}