[OS X TeX] Scaling figures in (pdf)latex produced with gnuplot, etc.

Jimi Alphapower at gmx.de
Mon Mar 1 20:52:31 CET 2010

Thanks for the tips.

@Hans-Georg:
At the first view combinedgraphics seems to be exactly what I was
searching. However, the option "vecscale" scales the figure but
changes also the line thickness. So this is probably not a good
solution.

@Victor
The solution with pgf/tikz was new to me. It is really interesting and
seems to be suitable for my problem. However, I could not find a good
way to adjust the size of the figure, except with the option
"scale=...". I think it did not change the line thickness, which is
much better than combinedgraphics. But still one cannot define the
exact size with e.g. width=0.49\columnwidth.

But the graphics are really nice. They look even much better than
Illustrator graphs.

@ Pete
This is exactly what I currently do. But it takes some time and I
don't want to waste a student researcher on this boring work.

Jimi