[OS X TeX] Scaling figures in (pdf)latex produced with gnuplot, etc.

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Mar 1 00:09:08 CET 2010

Am 28.02.2010 um 23:01 schrieb Jimi:

> I produce most of my figures with Gnuplot. Generally I use the same
> figures several times (e.g. in journals, proceedings, posters,
> presentations, ...). But there is a problem. If I include the figure
> with \includegraphics[width=...]{figname}, both the graph and the
> text is scaled.

You can also set the image's size in Gnuplot. Then the text size will
be in a reasonable relation to the image's size. Why can't you produce
Gnuplot output of the right size?

With a tool like Adobe Illustrator you can deconstruct and edit PDF
files. You could also convert PDF to PS with ghostscript's pdf2ps and
edit the PS file with some text editor. Then convert to PDF.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Evolution"            o           __o                     _o _