[OS X TeX] need Mac cmd and apple symbols

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 13 22:04:19 CET 2010

On Jan 13, 2010, at 2:53 PM, Ross Moore wrote:

> Hi Herb and Joe,
>
> On 14/01/2010, at 4:08 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> On Jan 13, 2010, at 8:54 AM, Joe Heafner wrote:
>>
>>> How can I get the cmd key symbol (aka splat) and the little apple key symbol? I've looked through the master list of LaTeX symbols and couldn't find them.
>
> Many fonts have these.
>
> The cloverleaf is at Unicode point Ux02318 "Place of interest sign".
> Many other familiar symbols are in the "Miscellaneous Technical" block:
>  Ux02300 --> Ux023FF   (not all slots are used)
>
> A lot of fonts have an apple symbol at the end of the PUA (private use area)
> at position  Ux0F8FF .
> Mostly it is a filled apple, but some fonts have it in an outlined
> form. Use the "Characters" palette to see what you have here.

Thanks for this information. I'll have to take a look at the fonts I've been using to see if they are there.

Still need to do the image thing (which gets scaled by the x-height of the font in use so it isn't perfect but certainly acceptable) with pdflatex or latex->dvips->ps2pdf unless someone has a ``real'' TeX font that has those.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)