[OS X TeX] makebst in TeX Live 2009

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 6 00:26:32 CET 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 4:55 PM, Jeremy Conlin wrote:

> I am using TeX Live 2009 in my MacBook Pro.  (I used the one-click
> installer.)  I am trying to use makebst to make a custom bibliography
> style, but I can't seem to find makebst on my system anywhere.  Did
> this get excluded in TL 2009?  I'm sure I used it with TL 2008.  Am I
> missing something?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Howdy,

The makebst ``program'' is actually a tex file that asks for input and produces output when compiled with tex or latex; e.g.

latex makebib

will ``run the program''. I looked at both TeX Live 2008 and 2009 and the location of files is identical in both. Both tex or latex should find the makebst.tex file automatically.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)