[OS X TeX] Hoefler Text

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 6 07:11:34 CET 2010

I'd like to be able to make more use of Hoefler Text---a font that looks handsome on paper and on screen, but it's not easy to find a math font to accompany it. I think it might work to make a version of mathtime using the italic characters of Hoefler Text in the same way that Aloysius Helminck did with the major Adobe PS fonts fifteen years ago, providing fontinst scripts that did just that. Has anyone tried this? (The resulting caslonmt is the best match I've found to Hoefler Text so far, but it is a bit too light.)

Related question---has anyone fixed the gtamac Hoefler Text files to work with version 6.0d7e1 provided with Leopard/Snow Leopard? The old ones were designed for version 5.0d7e2 provided with Tiger, and there are major differences between the two.   There was some discussion on this list eighteen months ago about an update, but I've seen nothing since.

Michael