[OS X TeX] changing a caption

Sr Sur igaoss at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 17:44:31 CET 2010

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to change the caption of a single figure, I need to put a flag
between the number of the figure and the colon, I've used this line to
redefine it in the preamble of the figure:

\renewcommand{\thefigure}{\thechapter.\arabic{figure} (begins in the page
before)}

With this I obtain the result that i want. But there are two problems with
this way....

1. the flag appears in the list of tables....
2. The flag also apears in the text when you reference the figure...

Is there any way to put the flag and avoid the points 1 and 2???

thanks!!!!!!!!

--
Atte: Sr. Sur