[OS X TeX] working with TeXshop...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Feb 13 18:06:33 CET 2010

On Feb 13, 2010, at 10:49 AM, Sr Sur wrote:

> Hi everibody,
>
> When you are working normally in texshop, you compile and then you have the
> output. If you detect something wrong in the output you can go easyly to
> this part of the text in the console by dobleclicking on the text while you
> push cmd.... easy!!!.
>
> But how can I do de reverse process, from console-to-output!!!??? I thought
> that was with the same "trick" but doesn't work.... and I saw in some place
> in the MacTeX web some output with a red circle arround a text that i supose
> it is the reverse result.
>
> I have the 2.3 version over MacTeX-2009....
>
> Thanks!!!
> --
> Atte: Sr. Sur

Howdy,

Well... you can go from Console to Source (at least to where TeX discovered a problem) by using the Goto Error... (Ctl-Cmd-E) command found on the Console Window (and in the Edit Menu). That will take you to the location in the Source file and then... but if it's really an error (not just a warning) you may have no output to go to. Don't know if it works for warnings (like over/under-full box warnings).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)