[OS X TeX] Arial font

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Fri Feb 5 02:14:37 CET 2010

On Feb 4, 2010, at 4:12 PM, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:

> A proposal requires the use of Arial font. I have searched the mailing

[snip]

> failed. I searched the list and but could not find convergent
> descriptions on how to install such font (but have tried almost each
> of those methods ...).

I will second Ross' suggestion to use Xetex (or xelatex) if you absolutely need Arial.
As far as installation of Arial, you should open the application "Font Book" then select "Add Fonts..." from the "File" menu.
If you are using a language other than English, then follow the most similar menu options.

Xetex will find the fonts without you having to jump through any more hurdles, as long as you follow the instructions.
You can find an example document at wikipedia.org under "xetex".