[OS X TeX] Arial font

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:12:44 CET 2010

A proposal requires the use of Arial font. I have searched the mailing
list and learned that there are very little differences between
Helvetica and Arial. The posts also mentioned several different
commands that allow the use of Helvetica.

However, when opened the compiled PDF, there it clearly says the font
used is Helvetica. I figured better to use genuine Arial font to avoid
any problems. I then downloaded the fonts and had them installed
according to the installation guide came with the fonts, but it
failed. I searched the list and but could not find convergent
descriptions on how to install such font (but have tried almost each
of those methods ...).

Could someone help me on this?

Thanks.

JT