[OS X TeX] Beamer: Footnote

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 20:10:33 CET 2010

I have just finished my first presentation ever. Used beamer. What an
awesome thing. The beameruserguide even answered my many questions
with, however, one exception: Given

\begin{frame}{Name Of Frame.}
  \begin{enumerate}
  \item%1
  Text of item 1
\item%2
Text of item 2
end{enumerate}
\end{frame}

I am using

	\beamerdefaultoverlayspecification{<+->}

to uncover the items in a step-wise fashion and so far, so good.

But when I add a footnote to the second item, the footnote appears as
soon as I uncover the first item.

The beameruserguide does not seem to mention the issue---it frowns
upon the use of footnotes anyway, the beamer forum seems a bit sleepy
and even Google failed me. No big deal and I am just curious because
I am sure there must be a way.

Hopeful regards
--schremmer