[OS X TeX] Text with shadow

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Fri Apr 9 17:24:29 CEST 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 10:21 AM, RA Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Morning.
>
> How can I make text with shadow?

If you want to emulate MSWord's shadow text, I don't know of a way to
do this.  The following solutions require pstricks, so must use latex
- dvips - ps2pdf route.

I've used the soul package to letter space the text, which makes the
shadows look better.  The last example is probably closest to Word's;
the first examples literally cause the letters to cast a shadow of a
specified angle, which isn't actually what the Word shadow does.

Alan

% !TEX TS-program = latex

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{pst-3d,pst-text}
\usepackage{soul}

\begin{document}

\psshadow[Tshadowangle=75]{\Huge SHADOW TEXT}

\bigskip

\psshadow[Tshadowangle=60]{\Huge\bfseries SHADOW TEXT} % pst-3d

\bigskip

\pscharpath[%
       shadow=true,%
       shadowsize=2pt,%