[OS X TeX] Shell escape and MacTeX 2009

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 6 08:39:57 CEST 2010

On Apr 5, 2010, at 10:55 PM, Robert Morelli wrote:

> I recently upgraded from MacTeX 2008 to 2009. When I did that, the packages
> that depend on shell-escape stopped working. For instance, I use the gnuplottex
> package with the epstopdf package. With MacTeX 2008, all I'd have to do is
> pdflatex a document and it would automatically generate a gnuplot file, run
> gnuplot on it, generate an eps, convert it to pdf, and include it in the pdf output.
> None of that works anymore, even if I run pdflatex on the command line with
> the shell-escape option, like
> pdflatex --shell-escape myfile.tex
>
> Does anyone know what the problem might be?
>
> Thanks

With MacTeX 2009 and  gnuplot 4.2.6, the file

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{gnuplottex}
\begin{document}
\begin{gnuplot}[terminal=latex]
plot sin(x)
\end{gnuplot}
\end{document}

gives the expected output with both pdflatex and latex+dvips. It would help to if you could show us a minimal problem file.

Michael