[OS X TeX] Shell escape and MacTeX 2009

Robert Morelli morelli at flux.utah.edu
Tue Apr 6 07:55:00 CEST 2010

I recently upgraded from MacTeX 2008 to 2009. When I did that, the packages
that depend on shell-escape stopped working. For instance, I use the
gnuplottex
package with the epstopdf package. With MacTeX 2008, all I'd have to do is
pdflatex a document and it would automatically generate a gnuplot file, run
gnuplot on it, generate an eps, convert it to pdf, and include it in the
pdf output.
None of that works anymore, even if I run pdflatex on the command line with
the shell-escape option, like
pdflatex --shell-escape myfile.tex

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks