[OS X TeX] Editing with a TeXShop bug

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 03:32:26 CEST 2009

TeXShop has a bug;

When you hit Apple B the whole source is boldfaced. Hit Apple Z and
the whole source reverts to normal as it should. Now start typing.
The source you are typing is boldfaced.

Since I am not a good typist, it happens to me a bit more than I
would like.

BUT: it finally occurred to me that this is an excellent way to see
what I am adding to the source when I am editing since the "bug"
survives typesetting.

Of course, if you close and re-open the source everything is back to
normal.

So, in fact,

TeXShop has a very nice editing feature.

Happy regards
--schremmer