[OS X TeX] Updating MacTex and Mac OS X

Fri Sep 4 11:02:25 CEST 2009

On 04.09.2009, at 10:44, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 04.09.2009 um 10:03 schrieb Christoph Hoh:
>
>> According to you, what is the best option?
>

> TeX and the OS are different things. In case Snow Leopard offers an
> upgrade path from Tiger without erasing the disk, i.e., without
> erasing your private data, you don't need to care about MacTeX. It
> will survive.

You might have to fix a few things, though. Richard Koch posted a very
helpful guide how to make sure TeXLive 08 works after upgrading to SL.
I would expect TL07 to need these fixes as well.
I personally would go for the SL+TL09 approach. But there is no huge
issue with your other options, at least in my view.

> If you want to upgrade MacTeX you can do it with the 2009 pre-release.

I think you should then monitor the TexLive mailing list to make sure
you know about the latest issues, bugs and fixes for the pre-release
version.