[OS X TeX] Spaces in the filename

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 24 16:39:38 CET 2009

On Nov 24, 2009, at 9:22 AM, Sam Bradley wrote:

> I am using the latest version of TexShop (downloaded last week).  Thanks. Sam.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Sam E. Bradley, Jr.
> Sam.bradley.jr at gmail.com

Howdy,

If you installed MacTeX you do have makeindex.

Take a look in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Latexmk/, where ~ is your HOME directory, for documentation with instruction on activating the latexmk engines. Once they are activated restart TeXShop and put the line

% !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk

at the top of the file. When you Typeset->Typeset (Cmd-T) the pdflatexmk engine will be executed and automatically run the correct sequence of pdflatex, makeindex, pdflatex, etc., the correct number of times to fully compile your document.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)