[OS X TeX] Re: RevTeX

david craig dac at panix.com
Sun Nov 22 05:39:05 CET 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Richard Koch wrote:
> Your question was answered by Herb Schulz earlier today. Here's his
> answer:

Ah.   Haven't seen that digest yet.   Thanks!

> Revtex 4 has been replaced by revtex4.1 so the class is now revtex4-1.
> Don;t know why the APS did that but it's their naming scheme that is
> your problem.
>
> \documentclass{revtex4-1}

Hmmm.  That's a bit of an irritant ... maybe not so good for
compatibility with co-authors.  Docs do say you should be able to copy
revtex4-1.cls to revtex4.cls and older files should work.  (I made a
symbolic link, and after sudo texhash it seems to be working.)

I hadn't realized that REVTeX 4.1 was out.   I see now that

<http://authors.aps.org/revtex4/index.html>

says there are bugs and that users should wait to upgrade...

Thanks,
David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>