[OS X TeX] reply-to-thread inconvenience acknowledged

Jason Davies ophiochos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 19:28:08 CET 2009

On 12 Nov 2009, at 18:23, Raphael Attie wrote:

>  However, it seems you still have the colored bars in all your
> answers to threads, which i'd like to keep too. How can I have the
> colored bars when replying to threads (useful for quoting), and
> still write in plain text ?

the internet standard is, I believe to use an angular bracket ">" for
each level. How the mailer interprets this may be different visually
but colours are frequently used by emailers. If not, you'll see the
angular brackets. So I can't predict what you wil see below but have
repeated the exact characters after a colon

 >this is one level of quoting: >this is one level of quoting
 >>this is two levels of quoting:  >>this is two levels of quoting

HTH