[OS X TeX] An ounce of prevention...

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon Nov 9 23:18:42 CET 2009

Folks,

On Nov 9, 2009, at 4:42 AM, Vic Norton wrote:

>   2) My url and hyperref packages don't quite work properly in
>      MacTeX-2008. When URLs are split, earlier parts point to the wrong
>      places. I'd just as soon get rid of MacTeX-2008 when MacTeX-2009
>      is installed properly.

As others pointed out, this is a bug in PDFKit in Snow Leopard. The pdf files produced by TeX work fine on Leopard, and work fine on Snow Leopard if you use Adobe Acrobat Reader. But in Snow Leopard using Preview or other similar programs, you must click on the last line of a multiline url to get the correct result.

Sadly, this bug is not fixed in the just released system 10.6.2.

Dick Koch