[OS X TeX] MacTeX2009

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Mon Nov 9 17:57:27 CET 2009

Herbert Schulz schrieb:

> Please be patient. It typically takes several days for the changes on
> CTAN to propagate through the system. While the internet is pretty fast
> not all servers are updating at the same time (a good thing) and we're
> talking about GB of data moving around the world.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone in the project for his or
her contribution! It is good to see that there is a new TeX Live, and,
also, a new MacTeX ready for install.

However, I would like to suggest that in the future you please wait with
the announcement for MacTeX until the new version is actually available
on CTAN. When I realised this morning that you had updated the MacTeX
page at tug.org so as to make it redirect from mactex/ to mactex/2009/ I
thought MacTeX was already available for download. When I still could
not find it on several CTAN servers until noon, I thought that something
had gone wrong with the announcement which just came out too early. This
is why it is quite important to advise users not to download now, but to
wait a while until the new MacTeX package has propagated across the CTAN
network. I would even suggest to re-change the MacTeX website for a
while, so as not to frustrate users, as most will not be subscribed to
this mailinglist.

Keep TeXing! :-)
Jürgen.