[OS X TeX] tlmgr generate updmap problem...

Thierry rhomunu-list at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 5 20:57:08 CET 2009

Hello,
I have installed the lastest version of texlive-2009 on my mac (mactex-2009-nov-4.mpkg).

I have a lot of personnal map files I would like to put into updmap.cfg.

For that I would like to use the
'tlmgr generate updmap'
procedure with a local file
'updmap-local.cfg' in my 'library/texmf/web2c/' folder.

The problem is that the command 'sudo tlmgr generate updmap' does not seem to do anything at all.
If I try without the 'sudo', it says:

Cannot open /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg for writing: Permission denied at /usr/local/texlive/2009/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 2415.

With the 'sudo', no message at all...
After that, when I use 'sudo updmap', I have no trace of my own map files.

Any ideas/advices?

For the moment I use my old method: put my Map commands into a local copy of the updmap.cfg file.
It works, but I understand that it is not the best way to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Thierry