[OS X TeX] question regarding spacing after a period

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sat Mar 14 01:28:46 CET 2009

On Thu 12th Mar, 2009 at 03:46, Axel E. Retif seems to have written:

> On  12 Mar, 2009, at 03:01, akshay gulati wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Texshop on my Mac
>>
>> 1. Do we have to install any packages in Texshop, for making good power
>> point slide show...like proper,foil,geometry etc...or they are default in
>> it.
>
> TeXShop is a front-end, not a TeX distribution: TeXShop can use any TeX
> distribution for the Mac, and any TeX distribution for the Mac can use many
> front-ends.
>
> Now ---if you mean you installed MacTeX, well, then you have *all* TeXLive;
> that means any package for TeX, LaTeX or ConTeXt which have a free public
> license, like the ones you mention above.

There are a few more conditions on something's making it into TL (such
as being on CTAN)...

Anyway:
- if by "foil" you mean foiltex, it is not free and not included in TL
- if by "proper" you mean prosper, it is free and is included in TL
- geometry is free and is included in TL but isn't designed
specifically for the use you have in mind though it would let you set
the paper size to something suitable easily

As has already been pointed out, beamer is probably _the_ answer for
LCD slides. It is free and is included in TL.

- cfr