[OS X TeX] How to install PDFbox on MacOS X 10.5.6?

RA Friedrich Vosberg rafv at me.com
Sun Mar 8 18:29:39 CET 2009

On 08.03.2009, at 12.45, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> http://www.macports.org/install.php

I think I've installed properly XCode and X11 and Macports. But
sudo port -v selfupdate
as well as
cd /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/pdfbox
do not work.

albook:~ rafv$ cd /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/pdfbox
-bash: cd: /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/pdfbox: No such file or
directory
albook:~ rafv$ sudo port -v selfupdate

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
sudo: port: command not found
albook:~ rafv$

I do not know what I did wrong, but for instance there is no
directory /dports in /opt/local/bin.

What I have to do, to install PDFbox successfully?

TIA and kind regards, Friedrich