[OS X TeX] Pref Pane in MacTeX-2009

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 16 00:28:09 CEST 2009

Folks,

We have had a few reports that the TeX Dist Pref Pane installed by
MacTeX-2009 lists no TeX distributions, and displays a panel saying
"No TeX Distribution Available". Further testing suggests that this
problem occurs only on PowerPC machines. If you installed the test
version of MacTeX-2009, please write us if either condition below holds:

	1) The pane FAILS and yet you have an Intel machine

	2) The pane WORKS and yet you have a powerpc machine

Incidentally, installing the old pane fixes this problem. I can supply
a zip with the old pane if you have the problem.

Dick Koch
koch at math.uoregon.edu