[OS X TeX] Word to Latex and Back again

Martin Wilhelm Leidig listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de
Wed Jul 15 16:24:25 CEST 2009

Am 2009-07-15 um 15.32 schrieb David Derbes:
> There are a pair of shareware programs that seem to work pretty
> well, but I've only tried them in evaluation mode.
>
> http://www.chikrii.com/
>
> The programs are called "Word2TeX" and "TeX2Word".

Well, I use the first one on a regular base -- «writing engineer» and
«Word user» are synonyms, it seems.  :-/

Word2TeX works fairly good but but has a few nasty bugs.  The most
prominent one: from time to time it replaces single math characters by
«\mathfrak{<anotherchar>}», where <anotherchar> has a quite loose
connection to the input.

Another problem is the technical support: there’s none; at least they
didn’t answer ever to my bug reports and questions.

Third problem, a major one imo: the user licence is dongled to the
physical hardware by a machine key; so if you change the hardware you
have to repay the license.  I asked them for another way when I moved
my Windblows/Office/Chikrii Installation to a new computer but again:
no answer, nothing.

In other words: better check out the programs by GrindEQ _and_ their
licensing _and_ their tech support.  I’ll do the same asap.

… with regards from Ladenburg:

-MWL-
--
Martin Wilhelm Leidig, Nadlerstr. 6, D-68526 Ladenburg, Germany
Professional TeXing, TeXnical counselling, and TeX hacking