[OS X TeX] problem using new fonts

Aryeh Weiss aryeh at cc.huji.ac.il
Sun Jul 5 06:14:12 CEST 2009

I am trying to use ivritex to be able to do Hebrew in Latex. I appear to
have it installed, but I have the following error that apparently is
related to improper installation of the culmus fonts.

> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+120/600 --dpi
> 720 rdavidb
> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for rdavidb.
> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
>  )
> (see the transcript file for additional information)
> !pdfTeX error: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file rdavidb): Font rdavidb at
> 720 not fou
> nd
>  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
I searched for solutions, and based on what I found I tried using
updmap. I based this on information in the following link, esp item 5.
http://www.tug.org/mactex/fonts/fonttutorial-current.html#sec3-map

However, even though I find culmus.map under texmf/dvips, I cannot get
this to work.

Any ideas from this group would be much appreciated.

--aryeh

--
Aryeh Weiss
School of Engineering