[OS X TeX] BibTex with MacTeX

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Wed Jan 7 13:07:12 CET 2009

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM schrieb:

> In fact, the contents are copied at least weekly to a backup. I'm
> contemplating adding a second backup. There are years of work stored on
> those two drives. Although the likelihood of both failing is probably
> sufficiently close to zero that I'm worrying about something only
> remotely probable, I think I'll go buy a second backup drive and make
> sure the contents are synchronized regularly.

It may be OT, but we're on a Mac list here. Harddrives seem to have more
and more unreliable. I had a HDD failure after half a year with my new
MacBook last summer, and the same happend to a friend of mine just a few
months ago. So one should not feel all too safe and comfortable with
harddrives these days...

I backup my data to two USB sticks daily and burn CDs/DVDs of the
important data every weekend...

Jürgen.