[OS X TeX] [OT] Mactex for Windows?

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Tue Feb 24 22:31:08 CET 2009

Hallo -

In Short: I would like to have something similar like mactex. And I
would be happy if the install is as easy as with MacTeX.

Longer:

A friend of mine is asking me to help him install TeX&Co on a Windows
machine. I would like to have him using

* TeXLive2008 and to have an
* easy-to-work-with Editor + Previewer combination with the default
mode being pdflatex and pdf as an output.
* Back- and forward synchronisation should be possible.

It would be great if all this would be enabled by default.

I know that WinEdt is a good Editor, but isn't there something more
TeXShop-like (Easier)? TeXWorks is not ready yet ....

Would be happy about any hints to up-to-date tutorials etc.

Thanks!

Daniel