[OS X TeX] request for kpathsea header files to be optionally included in distro

John Owens john_owens at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 08:20:57 CET 2009

I use Eddie Kohler's lcdf-typetools to install OpenType fonts for TeX.
Previously I used macports's tex distribution, which installed from
source. MacTeX has been great for me, with one exception: I can't
build Eddie's tools since they require kpathsea and I no longer have
headers for kpathsea.

I'd love MacTeX to have an option to install headers. I don't really
care where they go; I can link against them anywhere; but it'd be nice
to have the option to have them. Alternatively, is it possible to get
MacTeX to install full source?

JDO