[OS X TeX] request for kpathsea header files to be optionally included in distro

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 16 17:22:26 CET 2009

Am 16.02.2009 um 08:20 schrieb John Owens:

> I'd love MacTeX to have an option to install headers.

Me too! The bad thing is that TeX Live comes without this support.
It's obviously assumed that compiling software in the age of Open
Source isn't appropriate ...

I am fooling software with a teTeX from a gwTeX installation!
(Meaning: I haven't dared to download TeX sources, compile, and
install them – over what is supplied/supported by tlmgr. I have no
idea whether and how this could coexist.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Theory and practice are the same, in theory, but, in practice, they
are different.