[OS X TeX] Lucida

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Feb 5 15:30:29 CET 2009

On  5 Feb, 2009, at 07:05, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Just made a (silly) test with xelatex:
>
> 	Output written on FILE.pdf (x pages).
>
> on the last line and somewhere in the middle:
>
> 	Package epstopdf Warning: Graphics driver file `pdftex.def' not
> loaded.

Ah! That's it! It didn't occur to me to try with XeLaTeX, but that's
right ---typesetting with XeLaTeX and

\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{epstopdf}

indeed produces the above warning.

> Certainly not an ideal world, the TeX world!

But really close to, as 1) graphicx.sty loads the right driver anyway:

(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/tex/latex/config/graphics.cfg)
(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/xetex-def/xetex.def)))

and 2) it's, as it should be, a warning, not an error, and the job
gets done anyway.

Best,

Axel