[OS X TeX] Inconsistent behavior in MacTex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Feb 3 17:25:07 CET 2009

Am 03.02.2009 um 16:31 schrieb Frimann Kjerulf:

> Anyone know what's going on here?

There are four sources I can imagine for the observed difference of
not displayed characters:

   1. the font with this character is not embedded in the PDF file
   2. you are not using vector fonts (PostScript, TrueType, OpenType)
but bitmaps
   3. the font caches in Leopard are polluted/in disorder
   4. you're using different magnification (remember: you mentioned
different "boldness")

Without more data, and for example a minimal example, I can't
diagnose more remotely.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for
lists of "Ten Best."
				– H. Allen Smith