[OS X TeX] TeX on Snow Leopard

Luci Ellis luci at verbeia.com
Sun Aug 30 10:21:49 CEST 2009

On 28/08/2009, at 2:40 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Folks,
>
> This is an expanded version of a message I sent earlier. Installing
> Snow Leopard may remove TeX from your PATH, as Adam Maxwell pointed
> out, and the message now explains how to get it back.

Thanks for this information. Unfortunately, while TeXShop is still
finding the TeX binaries on my system since I installed Snow Leopard,
the terminal is not finding commands such as texhash, updmap etc, even
after completing all the steps below. It keeps saying "Command Not
Found".

I'm therefore going to have to stay on TeX-Live 2007 for the time
being. (I have a large collection of non-standard fonts so I need
updmap etc to work. So much for my attempt at a big-bang upgrade.)
I've tried some complex test files and they all seem to work with
TeXShop 2.26, TeX-Live 2007 and Snow Leopard.

Kind regards,
Luci